10 reasons why people come to Dubai and leave Dubai
More than 90% of the people living in Dubai are not born in the country. What are the reasons that people choose to come to Dubai and what are the reasons that people decide to leave the country?
10 reasons to come:
- Lifestyle and leisure, Dubai is a top tourist destination.
- Weather, 342 days of sunshine.
- Strong economy, compared to other gulf cities.
- Tax free living, only 5% VAT.
- Infrastructure, roads and public transportation.
- Affordable luxury, also for not rich people.
- International cuisine with many different restaurants.
- Well connected, Dubai is between Africa, Europe and Asia.
- Melting pot, 200+ nationalities living in Dubai.
- Safety, Dubai police is fantastic.
10 reasons people might leave
- Citizenship, not possible for residents.
- People don't end up making loads of money.
- Fake friendships and relationships, superficial contact with others.
- Job security, it's easy to be fired.
- Nationality matters, different wages for different nationalities.
- Wasting money, there a lot of temptations.
- Reality check doesn't happen often.
- Cost of living: mainly tuition, healthcare and housing.
- Debt is easy to get difficult to solve.
- Job market is competitive.
Posted on Wed, June 20, 2018
by Simon Snelder filed under